5.17.2024

[-] I don't like "My Name is Jhene"

 Hi. This is my very first music review on Rainbow Himitsu. I admit this is a bit negative, but bare with me.

This album is disgusting and slimey.

As mentioned before in my "Extensions of Aaliyah" post, I hated the production sound of this album for the most part because it was eerily overly inspired by Aaliyah's discography, especially her final album in a sense. It made me very uncomfortable as a hardcore Aaliyah fan, but it's not like there was no room in my heart for me to support it. I have to say that there's a lot of "subconscious (?)" references to Aaliyah's works such as the song titles, lyrics and melodies. I would be seething if I was Aaliyah. Who even is this "Jhene" person, anyway?

The music feels like a romanticization of living in poor neighborhoods. It's more music that traps innocent people into enabling that living there is okay, just because there may be attractive men there. It's hot steaming garbage that will brainwash the wrong people, so thank god it wasn't released. I just found it on Youtube because I'm a avid fan of 2000's era music.

That was god awful, and if this album was a meal, it would be moldly and rotting.

That's it.
- Cass

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cassie - Long Way 2 Go (Lyrics)

 Note: I did not write this song I love it when they try to get intimate Even though they know I really ain't into it (You're not in...