6.16.2024

[1] Idolmaster Societal Analysis

 Hi.

This is my analysis of Idolmaster and it's effects on society.

I don't really like Riamu as a character because I feel like there's promoting unstableness inside of a idol. I suppose this is enlightening and empowering for some people who seriously want to become an idol because being a idol is not happiness and goldfish all the time, it can easily be stressful if not managed well and individuals could turn to other things to cope other than being a part of music production.

It lets people who suffer with the same dysfunctional coping mechanisms as Riamu to know that they can be a idol or seen as a princess at the very least, too, so it's a ultimate comforting character for many people. 

I really think that the mobile versions of idolmaster went haywire, with all of these varied individuals and designs. They got out of the pure-hearted mold, but I'm really happy with what they did with the original series and cast of girls.

Something I will say that disappoints me is when shallow people make the most basic looking idol, popular. I mean, it's fine because idolmaster can arguably be seen as a safer media to engage in than pretty cure, because a lot of the characters in that series have unnatural hair colors, and that could hurt a lot of people's self esteem to fully identify and heal with these character's mere existence. Certain individuals are able to identify with a individual more.

- cassie zuo

No comments:

Post a Comment

[video script] HHPAY commentary

 Hi everyone, welcome to my commentary video on PUFFY AmiYumi, the tv show, not exactly the musical group.  What I wanted to initially say i...