5.16.2024

⋆ I don't like new anime ⋆

 I am truly not a fan of newer animes except Pretty Cure. Call me picky, but that's just how I feel.

A lot of things in newer animes make me feel uncomfortable. There is always a emphasis and a abundance of "eechi" in them, otherwise considered as "fanservice". I wish I was able to immerse myself in a engaging story without characters, especially underage getting sexualized for seemingly no reason but to amuse these sick and sadistic show writers and animators. This might be a controversial take, but maybe they should just keep that to theirselves. I'm glad this garbage doesn't get a pass in American media but that's hot steaming garbage as well, I only like shows from the 70's-2000's. That's what my family likes to watch anyway, and I am a big Disney fan.

What happened to anime over the past decade is immensely disappointing, which is why i feel embarrassed to identify myself as a anime fan in this current time and era. I like Evangelion but it's not for eechi obviously, the story and the growth of the characters is so beautiful to me. It aligns with my real life in a way, with the presence of instruments and all, and the personification of beliefs such as "belief". I could write a interesting review on everything regarding Eva later.

Anime was taken as a joke in the previous decade and it's not hard to see why. A annoying obsession of sex, and genitals. Why can't they write a R18 thing? Anime is inviting to people of all ages because of the colors and character designs, and it can be used as a medium to tackle hard topics.

It's not like I want people to not know that sex exists. It's just that these people who are in studios seem to be abusing their power, position and maybe even status to "corrupt the minds of the innocent youth".


There's a reason why there is an abundance of anime fans of earlier works from the 90's, 2000's, and even the 60's-80's. 

This is all I have to say for now.

- Cassandra Zuo



No comments:

Post a Comment

Harrassment

 i still have a feeling im getting harrassed by someone i shouldnt have tried helping last winter. she seemed to be putting on a facade that...