5.18.2024

[-] Trinidad is such a colonizer country

This is just from my perspective. If you have something to say, feel free to comment below. 

My mother brought me to Trinidad the very first time in my childhood. The reason why I view it as a colonizer country is because it's not shy about it's agenda, it never is when it comes to the television. It was hard for me to watch the television, even as a child because I realized you need to have a strong mind - a strong subconscious. I felt more comfortable listening to the Japanese music on my tablet on around my second trip.

I think it has a relaxing atmosphere. You're surrounded by people who have the consistent, same accent with the same pitch and candice. I wish I was allowed to travel more and meet people around my age except extremely close-minded religious people so that maybe I wouldn't feel so strongly in a negative sense about the country. I wish I had better opportunities, even there.

I can't help but feel like there's a hole in my heart after I come back home to America. The magazines in the airplanes are dominated by pale-skin latin americans, so why can't Trinidad be recognized as part of Latin America? To be fair, I've never encountered a Spanish-speaking person there. When my mother forces me to listen to her trauma and issues without me even consenting to help, I want to run back home to America so bad. I admit I am a proud American and I never want to leave but I'm sick of close-minded people that look like me that do so much extreme damage than help, healing and structure of this country. I wish they would all fucking leave. It makes me want to hate my home, where I met so many beautiful and kind people that helped me in my life and change my perspective on horrible people and realities. I'm tired of idiots taking advantage of kind-hearted people that just want to be generous. Ugh.

I'm sorry but a lot of Black people in America are so brainwashed, but it'll take a lot for them to consider being open minded. I feel like I was set up to hate myself by my family who are too close minded to even consider genuinely smiling. I understand the privilege of having an European name but I'm considered really dark skin by a lot of standards.

That's all i have to say. I rather identify as Hawaiian or Eurasian - America needs to add Eurasian as an identity option when applying for jobs and voting. Thanks.

- Cassandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cassie - Long Way 2 Go (Lyrics)

 Note: I did not write this song I love it when they try to get intimate Even though they know I really ain't into it (You're not in...