6.22.2024

- game review: oshare majo love & berry -

Brief Introduction

 i don't really have any childhood memories of playing the arcade versions of this franchise, even the ones in english, although I wish I did. I just got the DS game yesterday and played it for a few minutes so here is my pathetic review. Yay.

The Gameplay

So, you must tap the screen to the tambourine on the above screen to the beat. It's very simple and the timing is forgiving, unlike OTHER GAMES (parappa and space channel 5). I really am in love with the graphics. I like how they textured Love and Berry's hair. I also love almost all the designs of the clothes.

If you have item cards (shirts, hairstyles and shoes), you need a card reader and an DS lite to swipe the card into the game so the characters can successfully transform. 

The Music

the songs appear to be very simple, and to brainwash young girls into becoming good people, it seems. some of the lyric content includes mentions of good behavior, eating vegetables and simple hopes & dreams. a child's mind is truly simple because life has just begun, so i think this game seems to be a good rolemodel and influence for young girls. i think the writing is truly perfect for the demographic, the writers need a raise! :P

It would be fun to somehow cover these songs someday, so catchy yet simple and charming. I do find some of them a bit strange though. Well, SEGA used it's influence at the time to brainwash the masses.. right, so good job, SEGA. Nintendo, take your notes and eat your vegetables!

i'm a mega beginner when it comes to music production, but it reminds me that it's truly okay to write simple songs as long as the message can be conveyed and communicated accurately. it's nice to reference something from a kids' game because adults are writing the script and music.. right?

the music is said to be composed and performed by a small group named Rabbi☆min.

How I truly feel

In concept, this is truly my favorite game in the entire world. When I play it though, especially without a card reader, localization and cards, I feel depressed. I'm grateful to have own it, though. I just don't own a card reader and any cards, yet is all. I wonder if the English cards work with the Japanese DS games. I really need to get a card holder book, for my amiibo cards, pokemon cards, and OMLAB cards.

It's easy to envy these characters, especially with how much praise they get, although it counts as lore for the characters. 

Maybe I'm a bit too old for a game like this now, so I should finally pick up a copy of Idolmaster maybe for the DS or PSP.

Thank you for reading this.

- Mod Chiaki Nanami

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cassie - Long Way 2 Go (Lyrics)

 Note: I did not write this song I love it when they try to get intimate Even though they know I really ain't into it (You're not in...